Booklet for Hemato-Oncologists
Case 11 (A, B) - Tachycardia in a child with ALL and a central venous access device
Child, 3 years old, female, affected by SR-ALL, in whom a central venous access device (VCP) was placed during intensification treatment. In good clinical condition she developed a tachycardia of 150/min.
A - What, sequentially, do you have to consider?
1. Fever - 02 saturation - VCP position - hemogram - chest X-ray
2. Hemogram - fever - 02 saturation - chest X-ray - VCP position
3. O2 saturation - hemogram - VCP position - chest X-ray - fever
4. Chest X-ray - hemogram - fever - O2 saturation - VCP position
5. VCP position - fever - hemogram - chest X-ray - O2 saturation
B - Which treatment modalities can induce myocardiopathy?
1. Anthracyclines as well as mediastinal irradiation
5. Vinca alkaloids
» List of cases